As a brewer, the Employee is required to perform the following duties and undertake the following responsibilities safely and efficiently in a professional manner.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct single and multi-turn brews in accordance with the brew schedule outlined by the head brewer.
- Maintain a clean and orderly brewhouse including daily opening and closing duties.
- Manage cellar fermentation vessel schedule in accordance with the brew schedule.
- Manage daily cellar duties and fermentation vessel status from start to finish.
- Maintain a clean and orderly cellar including daily opening and closing duties.
- Maintain ancillary equipment: boiler, chiller, compressor, water systems etc.
- Cleaning and filling kegs
- Using a forklift to load trucks and receive shipments
- Performing various maintenance functions in the brewery
Qualified candidates must have the ability to:
- Stand for long periods of time while performing strenuous manual labor
- Be safe and obey all safety instructions at all times
- Bend and repeatedly lift at least 55lbs
- Work in a fast-paced, demanding factory environment
- Dexterously perform repetitive physical tasks
- Be detail oriented and follow instructions precisely
- Communicate clearly with co-workers
- Perform other tasks as needed
- Must be 21 years old or older
- Must value hard work, respectful communication, and collaboration
- Reliable transportation and a clean driving record
- Strong self-motivation and desire to master a skill and gain responsibility