The process of brewing beer can be like a foreign language. To learn all there is to know about it would take a handful of years with a lot of trial and error. Luckily, all of that isn't necessary to enjoy craft beer.
- Grain Mill - Grain is crushed for mash.
- Grist Case - Vessel storing milled grain.
- Mash Lauter Tun - Mashing process to convert starches into sugars. This sweet liquid (wort) is then transferred (lautered) to the boil kettle.
- Boil Kettle - Wort is boiled and hops are added at different intervals.
- Whirlpool - The whirlpool motion helps to separate the solids out of the wort.
- Heat Exchanger - Cools wort being transferred to fermenter.
- Fermenter - Yeast is added to cooled wort to start the fermentation process. The yeast converts the sugars to alcohol and CO2, turning the wort into beer.
- Packaging - The carbonated cold beer is packaged in cans and/or kegs and placed in cold storage.